Skip to main content

Carpenter stabbed for not observing Ramadan fasting in Kaduna,Nigeria.

Barely 10 days after a mob killed an Igbo Woman for alleged blasphemy in Kano, a 41- year old carpenter, Francis Emmanuel, was on Tuesday afternoon stabbed by unknown youths for eating during Ramadan fasting.
Governor Nasir El-Rufai on Wednesday morning visited the victim of the assault at St. Gerard Catholic Hospital, with a directive that police must fish out the perpetrators for prosecution.
The Nation gathered that the incident occurred at 2:30pm on Tuesday when Emmanuel was eating in his workshop and the youths who suddenly appeared from nowhere started attacking him for eating on the afternoon of Ramadan.
Speaking with journalists on his hospital bed, the carpenter said, “It happened around 2:30pm at Sokoto Road, Kakuri, on Tuesday, when I went to the market to buy wood to do some work.
“So, when I came back, I bought food to eat. As I was eating, about six Hausa boys came to ask me if I am a Muslim or a Christian, but I did not answer them. They asked why I was not fasting, then, I told them that I am not a Muslim. Before I know it, one of them slapped me. As I stood up, the rest came and surrounded me and started attacking me with knives." 
Asked if he can identify them or not, Emmanuel said, “I don’t know them.
“Nobody could come to my aid because of the type of knives the boys were carrying. They used cutlasses scissors and knives, I became unconscious, I don’t even know who brought me to the hospital,” he added.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Demands Immediate End To South Sudan Fighting

The United States demanded an immediate end to renewed fighting in the capital of South Sudan on Sunday, ordering all non-essential personnel out of the troubled country. "The United States strongly condemns the latest outbreak of fighting in Juba today between forces aligned with President Salva Kiir Mayardit and those aligned with First Vice President Riek Machar Teny, including reports we have that civilian sites may have been attacked," State Department spokesman John Kirby said in a statement.

Canada Police Thwart Potential Attack,Suspect Shot Dead

Canadian police shot dead an alleged Islamic State sympathizer who was about to activate an explosive device in Ontario late on Wednesday, media reports said as police confirmed thwarting a “potential terror threat”. There was no immediate confirmation from Canada’s federal police that anyone had been shot, with a statement saying only that a suspect had been identified and that they had taken “action” after receiving “credible information” about a potential attack. “Earlier today, the RCMP received credible information of a potential terrorist threat. A suspect was identified and the proper course of action has been taken to ensure that there is no danger to the public’s safety,” the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said in a statement. They did not say where the incident took place. Media reports said the suspect was a 24-year-old man who had been arrested in 2015 for expressing support for the Islamic State group in postings on social media. He had been released in February ...

Lafarge Africa Posts N30bn Drop In Half-Year Profit

Lafarge Africa Plc, a leading cement and building solutions provider, yesterday announced a loss of N30.1 billion for the half year ended June 30, 2016, compared with a profit after tax of N27.3billion in the corresponding period of 2014.